Accreditation and Licensing
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a distinction granted to any institution meeting or exceeding the stated criteria of educational quality. The purposes of accreditation include:
- Assess and enhance the educational quality of an institution.
- Assure consistency in institutional operations.
- Promote institutional improvement.
- Provide for public accountability.
Why is Accreditation and Licensing important?
CET voluntarily undergoes periodic accrediting evaluations by teams of qualified examiners including subject experts and specialists in occupational education and private school administration. Accreditation proves the responsibility of an institution and assures prospective and current students of the following:
- It is recognized as a qualified institution of higher learning with approved programs of study that meet recognized academic standards.
- It employs a professional staff.
- It has sufficient facilities and equipment.
- It is a stable and permanent fixture in the educational community.
Center for Employment Training is accredited and licensed in the following states by the following bodies:
The Center for Employment Training (CET) is a private postsecondary institution and is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. Council on Occupational Education, 7840 Roswell Road, Building 300, Suite 325, Atlanta, GA 30350, Telephone: 770-396-3898 / FAX: 770-396-3790, http://www.council.org/
Chief Adminstrative Officer:
The Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) has licensed all Centers in the State of California. Center for Employment Training (CET) is currently licensed to operate by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) in accordance with the BPPE Act of 2009. Students wishing to contact BPPE can access their website at http://www.bppe.ca.gov/. Click HERE to view CET’s Annual Report to BPPE.
The Alexandria, VA Center for Employment Training has been Certified to Operate by the State Council of Higher Education in Virginia (SCHEV).
The El Paso, TX Center for Employment Training is approved and regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission Career Schools & Colleges, 101 East 15th Street, Austin, TX 78778-0001.