Start your career in Early Childhood Teaching
The Early Childhood Teacher Assistant job training program prepares you for a job in a childcare center. You can start your career as a teacher assistant or go for self-employment as a childcare provider. Part of the class is work experience, and you’ll get hands-on experience interacting with children, teachers and parents. Upon graduation, we’ll help you find a job in childcare – a field that is expected to grow rapidly over the next several years.
What you’ll learn in the job training program for Early Childhood Teacher Assistant:
- Components of Early Childhood
- Learning Philosophies
- Curriculum/Materials Development
- Childcare Administration
- CPR – Health & Safety
- Work Experience with staff, children and parents
- Job Preparation, including interview and resume skills
Say yes to CET Early Childhood Teacher Assistant!
|New career in 8-9 months?*||yes!|
|Job Placement Assistance?||yes!|
|Financial Aid Assistance for those who qualify?||yes!|
|Training supplies, tools, books and uniforms included in tuition?**||yes!|
*Average program length based on program/class schedule.
** Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about the Early Childhood Teacher Assistant job training program
- Where are the Early Childhood Teacher Assistant classes offered?
- CET offers this program in San Jose, only.
- How long does is the program?
- This childcare class is 900 hours and generally takes about 8-9 months to complete.
- What is the class schedule and when does the next class start?
- This is a daytime program. The class meets Monday – Friday for six hours. CET has open enrollment, you start class anytime you are ready. Once your enrollment is completed, you start right away.
- How much does the program cost?
- When people ask “how much is tuition”, most of us think of just the cost of the program and maybe books and supplies. But, when you attend school you’ll have other costs to add in such as housing and food if you live on your own. If you live with your parents or are a parent, well that can change things a bit. To make things simpler, visit our Tuition Page. Use the calculator to estimate what everything costs and what kind of aid may be available to you. You can find out more about aid and tuition in the student catalog.
- What will I learn in this teacher assistant class?
- CET’s Early Childhood Teacher Assistant job training program focuses on the skills you need for the job. Learn more about the competencies you will master, review our Program Information sheet and browse the student catalog.
- What kind of certifications or licenses will I be prepared to take?
- Health and safety are important in childcare. This program will get you certified in CPR and prepare you for the unique requirements for children.
- What types of jobs will I be qualified for after I graduate from the program and what can I expect to make?
- After completing the Early Childhood Teacher Assistant class, you’re qualified for positions in the education of children. These are just a few options! You can learn more about jobs and pay in your area by checking out the links below*:
- How do I apply?
- Applying to CET is easy. Learn more by visiting the Admissions page, or better yet – Sign up for a Tour and visit the class in person.
“I didn’t think I was gonna be able to go back to school after been away from books in so long. CET gave me the courage and Mrs. Ernestine help me build my self-esteem and believe I can do anything I put on my mind.”
CET San Jose