Career training for a job in the accounting field
This accounting clerk job training program prepares you for an entry-level job in accounting, such as bookkeeper, accounts payable clerk, or accounting assistant. You’ll learn in a work-like environment and will be assigned projects by the instructor- just like in a real accounting job. CET’s accounting clerk job training program provides you with the basic math, computer and accounting skills theories that you need to know in the accounting field. Hands-on accounting projects lets you put basic accounting principles and procedures into use. Upon graduation from the accounting clerk job training program, we’ll help you find a good job as an entry-level accountant.
What you’ll learn in the accounting clerk job training program:
- Basic principles of accounting
- Computerized accounting systems
- Application of spreadsheets in accounting
- Applied business mathematics
- Applied computer skills
- Business communications
- Customer Service
- Job preparation, including interview and resume skills
Say yes to CET Accounting Clerk!
|New career in 8-9 months?*||yes!|
|Job Placement Assistance?||yes!|
|Financial Aid Assistance for those who qualify?||yes!|
|Training supplies, tools, books and uniforms included in tuition?**||yes!|
* Average length of program based on attendance. **Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about the Accounting Clerk job training program
- Where do the Accounting Clerk job training classes take place?
- You can train to be an accountant on CET’s campus in El Centro. In addition to the classroom learning, you’ll work through simulated work case studies, review financial statements, and hands-on payroll systems.
- How long does it take to finish the Accounting Clerk job training program?
- With 30 hours a week of attendance, students usually finish the 900 hour program in 8-9 months.
- When does the next accounting class start?
- Right now! CET’s open enrollment means once your application is completed you can start the next day.
- What types of accounting jobs can I find after I graduate?
- The accounting clerk job training program gives you the skills needed for a variety positions, including:
- Account Clerk
- Account Receivable Clerk
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- How soon after graduation will I start working as an accounting clerk or bookkeeper?
- Every student’s experience is different, but according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the bookkeeping and accounting industry has a higher than average job growth. To see what the job outlook is like where you live, go to onetonline.org and plug in your state in the section for “Wages and Employment Trends.” And with CET’s job placement assistance, you will always have ready help to find the right job.
- What can I expect to make as an accountant or bookkeeper?
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics shared this information (see below) about what people can make as a bookkeeper or accountant. Remember that this is only an average. Depending on where you live, the wages can be higher or lower. To see how much accountants or bookkeepers earn in your region, go to onetonline.org and plug in your state in the section for “Wages and Employment Trends.” National Wages & Employment Trends* For Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
Median wages 2017 $18.87 hourly, $39,240 annual Employment 2016 1,7310,000 employees Projected job openings 2016-2026 186,400
*Data as of August 2018. For additional information, including details on associated occupations, national and state wage and employment statistics, go to onetonline.org.
- How much does it cost and how can I pay for the Accounting Clerk job training program?
- The Accounting Clerk program in El Centro costs $14,249, including your training supplies, books, and financial business calculator. If you qualify for financial aid, you may be eligible to receive grants, scholarships and/or federal student loans.
- What if I didn’t graduate from high school or don’t have my GED?
- At CET you may have options without them. Be sure to tell the Admissions Department so they can guide you through the eligibility process.
- How big are the accounting classes?
- Class size is approximately 20-25 students and varies by the type of program.
- Do you provide any bookkeeping or accounting certificates needed by employers?
- You’ll get an accounting clerk certificate. CET's program can prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification. MOS certification demonstrates to employers that you have the skills needed to get the most out of Office and could lead to higher earnings. Visit the Microsoft MOS site for more information about the benefits of certification. We also prepare you for the QuickBooks User Certification test.
- What do I need to get started? Are there any high school math classes I need to get started?
- No, you’ll get everything you need in the job training program for accountants. You’ll be provided with basic skills instruction, including vocational English and math. Additional one on one tutoring is available, if needed.
- CET is national, but what about the graduation and job placement rates for Accounting Clerks in my CET location?
- Good question! When you’re making decisions about your future, it’s important to be as informed as possible. To see statistics about CET’s program performance, click on the CET location below to access the Federal Student Right to Know and State Program Performance Fact Sheets.*.
Remember- we’re here to help. Contact your local CET Admissions Department for additional information or assistance. Accounting Clerk is offered at the following locations:
*Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industry. Links to non-CET sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.
- What other job training programs are offered in El Centro?
- You can get job training in five high-demand skills: