Career training for a job in the accounting field
The accounting clerk program prepares you to get your start in accounting and begin a career as a bookkeeper, accounts payable clerk, or accounting assistant. You’ll learn in a work-like environment and will be assigned projects by the instructor. Hands-on accounting projects let you put principles and procedures into use. Upon graduation from the accounting clerk class, you will be prepared for MOS certification and we’ll help you find a job to put your skills to work.
What you’ll learn in the accounting clerk job training program:
- Basic Principles of Accounting
- Business Communication
- Business Math
- Job preparation, including interview and resume skills
- Concepts in Customer Service
Say yes to CET Accounting Clerk!
|New career in 8-9 months?*||yes!|
|Job Placement Assistance?||yes!|
|Financial Aid Assistance for those who qualify?||yes!|
|Training supplies, tools, books and uniforms included in tuition?**||yes!|
* Average length of program based on program/class schedule.
**Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about the Accounting Clerk job training program
- Where are the Accounting Clerk classes offered?
- CET offers this program in El Centro.
- How long does is the program?
- The accounting class is 900 hours and generally takes about 8-9 months to complete.
- What is the class schedule and when does the next class start?
- This is a daytime program. The class meets Monday – Friday for six hours. CET has open enrollment, you start class anytime you are ready. Once your enrollment is completed, you start right away.
- How much does the program cost?
- When people ask “how much is tuition”, most of us think of just the cost of the program and maybe books and supplies. But, when you attend school you’ll have other costs to add in such as housing and food if you live on your own. If you live with your parents or are a parent, well that can change things a bit. To make things simpler, visit our Tuition Page. Use the calculator to estimate what everything costs and what kind of aid may be available to you. You can find out more about aid and tuition in the student catalog.
- What will I learn in the program?
- CET’s accounting clerk job training program focuses on the skills you need for the job. To learn more about the program and see the competencies you will master review the student catalog and see the Program Information page.
- What kind of certifications or licenses will I be prepared to take?
- Accounting Clerk graduates are prepared for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification and also prepared to take the QuickBooks User Certification test.
- What types of jobs will I be qualified for after I graduate from the program and what can I expect to make?
- When you’re trained as an accounting clerk, you’re qualified for a variety of jobs. You can learn more about jobs and pay in your area by checking out the links below*:
- How do I apply?
- Applying to CET is easy. Learn more by visiting the Admissions page, or better yet – Sign up for a Tour and visit the class in person.
“I’m thankful I found CET El Centro. I was able to continue my education by enrolling in a program that I love and I am now working as an Accounts Payable Clerk.”
CET El Centro Alumni