Culinary job training program in San Jose
In this hands-on culinary program, you’ll get the skills you need for entry-level employment. CET’s culinary school teaches you cooking and baking skills in a professional kitchen. This culinary arts school gives you hands-on job training to prepare you jobs such as prep-cook, line cook or as a pastry cook assistant. Upon graduation, we’ll help you find a good job in a professional kitchen.
Say yes to CET Culinary Arts!
|New career in 7 – 8 months?*||yes!|
|Job Placement Assistance?||yes!|
|Financial Aid Assistance for those who qualify?||yes!|
|Training supplies, professional culinary toolkit, books, chef uniforms and test fees for the ServSafe certificate are included at no additional cost**?||yes!|
*Average program length based on program/class schedule.
** Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about San Jose’s culinary job training program
- Where do the culinary job training classes take place?
- CET offers this program in San Jose, CA only.
- How long does it take to finish the culinary arts program?
- The Culinary Arts program is 810 hours and generally takes about 7 months to complete.
- What is the class schedule?
- This is an evening program only. The class meets Monday – Friday for six hours from 3 pm to 9pm.
- How much does it cost and how can I pay for this culinary arts program in San Jose.
- When people ask “how much is tuition”, most of us think of just the cost of the program and maybe books and supplies. But, when you attend school you’ll have other costs to add in such as housing and food if you live on your own. If you live with your parents or are a parent, well that can change things a bit. To make things simpler, visit our Tuition Page and use the calculator to estimate what everything costs and what kind of aid may be available to you.
- What will I learn in the program?
- CET’s culinary arts job training program focuses on the skills you need for the job. To see the competencies you will master view a sample of the curriculum. If you need support we have both basic skills (math and language) and an “Adult Education Career Pathways” program to help you earn your GED.
- What kind of additional certifications or licenses will I be prepared to earn?
- Students in the Culinary Arts program are prepared to take the SafeServe Manager’s Certification test.
- What types of jobs will I be qualified for after I graduate from the program and what can I expect to make?
- When you’re trained in the culinary arts, you’re qualified for a variety of jobs. You can learn more about jobs and pay in your area by checking out the links below*:
- Cook, Grill Cook, Line Cook, Prep Cook
- Food and Nutrition Services Assistant, School Cook
- Diet or Dietary Aide
- When does the next class start and how do I apply?
- CET has open enrollment, so once your enrollment is completed, you can start right away. Applying to CET is easy. Learn more by visiting the Admissions page, or better yet – Sign up for a Tour and visit the class in person.
*Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industry. Links to non-CET sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.
“CET is a great resource for me for all kinds of hospitality positions. Our largest account is with Apple Computer’s cafeteria. We hire everyone from prep cooks to dishwashers and they can move up the ladder. CET believes in the long term success of their students. They’re always excited to present their top tier candidates.”
Client Program Manager-Recruitment
Adecco Bay Area Hospitality