Career training for a job in the Electrician field
In this electrical training program, you’ll learn residential and general electrical skills. The hands-on part of the class includes planning and installation. You’ll also inspect, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems. Upon enrollment, you’ll be eligible to register for your Electrician in Training (ET) card. When you graduate, we will help you get your foot in the door in the industry.
What you’ll learn in the electrician job training program:
- Electrical Safety
- Residential Electricity
- Commercial Electricity
- Wiring and Installation
- Photovoltaic Systems
- Job Preparation, including interview and resume skills
- Concepts in Customer Service
Say yes to CET Electrician!
|New career in 8-9 months?*||yes!|
|Job Placement Assistance?||yes!|
|Financial Aid Assistance for those who qualify?||yes!|
|Training supplies, electrician toolkit, books, uniforms included at no additional cost?**||yes!|
*Average program length based on program/class schedule.
** Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about the Electrician (Residential & General) job training program
- Where are the electrician classes offered?
- CET offers this program in San Jose and in Soledad.
- How long does is the program?
- This electrical trades class is 900 hours and generally takes about 8-9 months to complete.
- What is the class schedule and when does the next class start?
- This is a daytime program. The class meets Monday – Friday for six hours. CET has open enrollment, you start class anytime you are ready. Once your enrollment is completed, you start right away.
- How much does the program cost?
- When people ask “how much is tuition”, most of us think of just the cost of the program and maybe books and supplies. But, when you attend school you’ll have other costs to add in such as housing and food if you live on your own. If you live with your parents or are a parent, well that can change things a bit. To make things simpler, visit our Tuition Page. Use the calculator to estimate what everything costs and what kind of aid may be available to you. You can find out more about aid and tuition in the student catalog.
- What will I learn in this electrician's class?
- CET’s Electrician (Residential & General) job training program focuses on the skills you need for the job. Learn more about the competencies you will master, review our Program Information sheet and browse the student catalog.
- What kind of certifications or licenses will I be prepared to take?
- Once you enroll you’ll be eligible to register with the California DSLE to receive an Electrical Trainee card. CET is an approved training school.
- What types of jobs will I be qualified for after I graduate from the program and what can I expect to make?
- After completing the Electrician (Residental & General) class, you’re qualified for highly specialized positions in the trades. Here are two options! You can learn more about jobs and pay in your area by checking out the links below*:
- How do I apply?
- Applying to CET is easy. Learn more by visiting the Admissions page, or better yet – Sign up for a Tour and visit the class in person.
“Anyone who has ever had difficulty deciding their first steps into starting a career, should start at CET. They have it designed so if you have any doubts or issues, they are always here to help. They make sure you are happy with everything before and after you have graduated. My future plans are to work towards having my own company as an electrical contractor.”
CET Electrician Alumni