Career training for a job in the medical field
In this hands-on program, you’ll learn the skills for entry into the fast-growing field of health care. You’ll learn in a medical office setting, performing duties by using specific knowledge of medical coding in computerized billing systems. After your classroom and lab learning, you’ll apply what you’ve learned with an externship in a medical office or hospital. Once you graduate, we will help you find a job in the healthcare administration.
What you’ll learn in the administrative medical assistant job training program:
- Introduction to Allied Healthcare
- Communications and Professionalism
- Basic Principles of Health
- Medical Records Systems
- Receptionist and Clerical Procedures
- Computer Literacy for Health Care
- Information Management Systems
- Job Preparedness
Say yes to CET Administrative Medical Assistant!
|Job Placement Assistance?||yes!|
|Training supplies, books, and uniforms included in tuition?**||yes!|
*Average program length based on program/class schedule.
** Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about the administrative medical assistant job training program:
- Where are the administrative medical assistant classes?
- CET offers this traditional and hybrid program in Watsonville, CA, Salinas, CA, and Oxnard, CA.
- How long does it take to finish the course?
- The Administrative Medical Assistant program is 630 hours.
- What is the class schedule?
- The traditional course meeting M-F on campus from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. The hybrid program schedule is On Campus M – F 8:00 am – 12:00 pm, Online M – F 2 hours’ instructional time and/or assignments to be completed any time between 12:00 pm - 11:59 pm, Instructor availability for Q & A: M – F 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm, and the Canvas LMS is available 24 hours.
- How much does the class cost?
- Find tuition costs and aid options in the student catalog.
- What types of healthcare jobs will I be qualified for and what can I expect to make?
- When you’re trained as a medical clerk, you’re qualified for a variety of jobs. You can learn more about jobs and pay in your area by checking out the links below*:
- When does the next class start and how do I apply?
- CET has open enrollment, so once your enrollment is completed, you can start right away. Applying to CET is easy. Learn more by visiting the Admissions page, or better yet – Sign up for a Tour and talk to an advisor in person.
*Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industry. Links to non-CET sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.