Career training for a job in baking and pastry making
The Craft of Baking is offered in San Jose, CA and this accelerated evening program will prepare students to perform the duties and responsibilities required for employment in various baking and pastry related occupations. Students will learn kitchen vocabulary, math, kitchen organization and equipment fundamentals to help them learn techniques and skills used by professionals. Chef instructors will demonstrate the proper execution method before students make or bake something for the first time and they are always on hand to help as students practice on their own. Students will earn their ServSafe® certifications and demonstrate proficiency in customer service, the use of the internet, and job search skills.
What you’ll learn in the craft of baking job training program:
- Basic Principles of Baking and Pastry
- Creams and Pastries
- Pies and Tarts
- Quick Breads & Yeast Breads
- Baking for Special Diets
Say yes to CET’s The Craft of Baking!
|Accelerated Evening Program?*||yes!|
|Job Placement Assistance?||yes!|
|Training supplies, tools, books and uniform included in tuition?**||yes!|
*Average program length 15 weeks based on program/class schedule. ** Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about the baking job training program:
- Where do the baking classes take place?
- CET offers this program at the main campus in San Jose, CA.
- How long does it take to finish The Craft of Baking course?
- This baking specialty program is 300 hours and generally takes about 15 weeks to complete.
- What is the class schedule?
- This is an evening program only. The class meets Monday through Friday from 5:00pm 9:00pm.
- How much does it cost and how can I pay for this baking program?
- Check out tuition costs in the program description. This affordable program can be financed a few different ways, but is not eligible for federal aid (Title IV – Pell Grants and Student Loans). You’ll want to meet with a financial aid advisor anyway to discuss other options which may be available to you.
- What will I learn in Craft of Baking program?
- CET’s baking course focuses on the specialty skills you need for the job. To see the competencies you will master view the student catalog and addenda’s program description.
- What kind of additional certifications or licenses will I be prepared to earn?
- Students in this program will be prepared to earn their National Restaurant Association’s ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification.
- What types of jobs will I be qualified for after I graduate from the program and what can I expect to make?
- When you’ve mastered the art of baking, you’re qualified for a variety of jobs. You can learn more about jobs and pay in your area by checking out the links below*: mynextmove.org.
- When does the next class start and how do I apply?
- CET has open enrollment, so once your enrollment is completed, you can start right away. Applying to CET is easy. Learn more by visiting the Admissions page, or better yet – Sign up for a Tour and talk to an advisor in person.
*Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industry. Links to non-CET sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.