This program is not currently enrolling.
Career training for a job in retail operations
In this hands-on job training program for retail operations, you’ll learn cashiering, customer relations and inventory control. You’ll also study shipping and receiving operations, how to use a forklift, and store safety. Upon graduation, we’ll help you find a job in retail operations.
What you’ll learn in the Retail Operations Specialist job training program:
- Introduction to the Retail Industry
- Applied Mathematics and English in a Retail Business Context
- Customer Relations
- Product Line Recognition
- Merchandising, Displays, and Stocking
- Inventory Control
- Shipping and Receiving Operations
- Forklift Operation and Certification
- Store Security and Safety
- Job preparation, including interview and resume skills
Say yes to CET Retail Operations Specialist!
|New career in 6 – 7 months?*||yes!|
|Job Placement Assistance?||yes!|
|Financial Aid Assistance for those who qualify?||yes!|
|Training supplies, books and uniforms included in tuition?**||yes!|
*Average program length based on attendance. ** Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about the retail specialist job training program
- Where do the Retail Operations Specialist job training classes take place?
- This program is not currently enrolling.
- How long does it take to finish the Retail Operations Specialist job training program?
- With 30 hours a week of attendance, students usually finish the 630 hour program in 6-7 months.
- When does the next Retail Operations Specialist class start?
- Right now! CET’s open enrollment means once your application is completed you can start the next day.
- What types of jobs can I find in retail after I graduate?
- The retail operation specialist job training program gives you the skills needed for a variety positions, including:
- Retail Salesperson
- Retail Order Filler
- Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- Warehouse Stock Clerk
- Sales Floor Clerk
- How soon after graduation will I start working as a retail specialist?
- Every student’s experience is different, but according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the retail industry has a higher than average job growth. To see what the job outlook is like for retail specialists where you live, go to onetonline.org and plug in your state in the section for “Wages and Employment Trends.” And with CET’s job placement assistance, you will always have ready help to find the right job.
- What can I expect to make working in retail operations?
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics shared this information (see below) about what people can make as a retail sales clerk. Remember that this is only an average- depending on where you live, the wages can be higher or lower. To see how much retail sales clerks earn in your region, go to onetonline.org and plug in your state in the section for “Wages and Employment Trends.” National Wages & Employment Trends* For Retail Sales Persons
Median wages 2017 $11.16 hourly, $23,210 annual Employment 2016 4,603,000 employees Projected job openings 2016-2026 670,000
*Data as of August 2018. For additional information, including details on associated occupations, national and state wage and employment statistics, go to onetonline.org.
- How much does the retail specialist job training program cost and how can I pay for this?
- It costs $10,754 including training supplies, books, and uniforms. If you qualify for financial aid, you may be eligible to receive grants, scholarships, and/or federal student loans.
- What if I didn’t graduate from high school or don’t have my GED?
- At CET you may have options without them. Be sure to tell the Admissions Department so they can guide you through the eligibility process.
- How big are the retail specialist classes?
- Class size is approximately 20-25 students and varies by type of program.
- Do you provide any certificates needed by employers?
- The Retail Operations Specialist certificate shows an employer that you are ready for an entry-level position in retail operations. Additionally, you will be eligible to test for certification in forklift operations.
- What do I need to get started? Are there any high school math classes I need to get started?
- No. You’ll be provided with basic skills instruction, including vocational English and math. Additional one on one tutoring is available if needed.
- CET is national, but what about the graduation and job placement rates for Retail Specialists in my CET location?
- Good question! When you’re making decisions about your future, it’s important to be as informed as possible. To see statistics about CET’s program performance, click on the CET location below to access the Federal Student Right to Know and State Program Performance Fact Sheets.*.
Remember- we’re here to help. Contact your local CET Admissions Department for additional information or assistance. Retail Specialist is offered at the following locations:
- El Centro, CA - this program is not currently enrolling
*Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industry. Links to non-CET sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.