Career training for a job in computer support
Offered at the San Jose, CA campus in the heart of Silicon Valley, this hands-on program will prepare students to perform the duties and responsibilities required by entry-level positions in the computing and IT fields. Students will learn about computer hardware and operating systems, troubleshooting and repairing various devices, and using a helpdesk ticketing system. Students will prepare to take the CompTIA A+ certification exam, which is the industry standard for establishing a career in IT.
What you’ll learn in the computer specialist job training program:
- Computer Foundations – Comp TIA A+ certification prep
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Maintenance & Repair
- Mobile & Other Devices
- Operations & Security
- Internet & Fundamentals of Networking
- Remedy IT Service Management
Say yes to CET Computer Support Specialist!
|Accelerated Evening Program?*||yes!|
|Job Placement Assistance?||yes!|
|Training supplies, tools, and books included in tuition?**||yes!|
*Average program length 18 weeks based on program/class schedule.
** Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about the computer tech support job training program:
- Where do the computer support specialist classes take place?
- CET offers this program at the main campus in San Jose, CA.
- How long does it take to finish this tech support course?
- The computer support specialist program is 450 hours and generally takes about 18 weeks to complete.
- What is the class schedule?
- This is a evening program. The class meets Monday through Friday for five hours from 4:00pm to 9:00pm.
- How much does it cost and how can I pay for this IT computer training program?
- Check out tuition costs in the program description. This affordable program can be financed a few different ways, but is not eligible for federal aid (Title IV – Pell Grants and Student Loans). You’ll want to meet with a financial aid advisor anyway to discuss other options which may be available to you.
- What will I learn in the computer support specialist program?
- CET’s support specialist training program focuses on the skills you need for the job. To see the competencies you will master view the student catalog and addenda’s program description.
- What kind of additional certifications or licenses will I be prepared to earn?
- Students in this program will be prepared to for CompTIA A+ Certification.
- What types of jobs will I be qualified for after I graduate from the program and what can I expect to make?
- When you’re trained to perform desktop support, you’re qualified for a variety of jobs. You can learn more about jobs and pay in your area by checking out the links below*: mynextmove.org.
- When does the next class start and how do I apply?
- CET has open enrollment, so once your enrollment is completed, you can start right away. Applying to CET is easy. Learn more by visiting the Admissions page, or better yet – Sign up for a Tour and talk to an advisor in person.
*Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industry. Links to non-CET sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.