Career training for a job in construction and building maintenance
In this hands-on maintenance job training program, you learn the skills you’ll need to get on the path towards a great career in the facilities maintenance field. You will be assigned projects that included framing, plumbing, electrical, and drywall. Jobs for maintenance workers are expected to grow rapidly over the next several years. Once you graduate, we’ll help you find a job as a maintenance worker.
What you’ll learn in the building maintenance job training program:
- Safety Standards
- Blueprint Reading
- Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing
- Interior & Exterior Maintenance
- Trade-related English & Math
- Job preparation, including interview and resume skills
- Concepts in Customer Service
Say yes to CET Building Maintenance!
|New career in 8-9 months?*||yes!|
|Job Placement Assistance?||yes!|
|Financial Aid Assistance for those who qualify?||yes!|
|Training supplies, tools, books and uniforms included in tuition?**||yes!|
*Average program length based on program/class schedule.
** Subject to change without notice.
FAQ about the Building Maintenance job training program
- Where are the Building Maintenance classes offered?
- CET offers this program in Alexandria only.
- How long does is the program?
- This class is 900 hours and generally takes about 8-9 months to complete.
- What is the class schedule and when does the next class start?
- This is a daytime program. The class meets Monday – Friday for six hours. CET has open enrollment, you start class anytime you are ready. Once your enrollment is completed, you start right away.
- How much does the program cost?
- When people ask “how much is tuition”, most of us think of just the cost of the program and maybe books and supplies. But, when you attend school you’ll have other costs to add in such as housing and food if you live on your own. If you live with your parents or are a parent, well that can change things a bit. To make things simpler, visit our Tuition Page. Use the calculator to estimate what everything costs and what kind of aid may be available to you. You can find out more about aid and tuition in the student catalog.
- What will I learn in the program?
- CET’s maintenance class focuses on a variety of skills. Learn more about the competencies you will master, review our Program Information sheet and browse the student catalog.
- What types of jobs will I be qualified for after I graduate from the program and what can I expect to make?
- After completing this building maintenance class, you’re qualified for a variety of related positions. Here are just a few options! You can learn more about jobs and pay in your area by checking out the links below*:
- How do I apply?
- Applying to CET is easy. Learn more by visiting the Admissions page, or better yet – Sign up for a Tour and visit the class in person.
The instructors are excellent. They even help with job placement.